To really understand FULLNESS, let alone growing in it, we have to find it in the Bible. Yup, fullness is sure in there! You just might be surprised at what it includes. Hey, just in case you find the Bible boring (as I did years ago) just ask Him for God encounters. However, sometimes He sets those up before we ask because He really wants us to know Him. Such happened to me. He became more real, the Word became alive. And it’s still happening! You were made for that too!
The earlier post of Defining Full gave us dictionary definitions of ‘full’ to expand our understanding of what FULLNESS could possibly include, but the Bible zeros in on it. Here’s a few, drum roll please –
- For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. (Jn 1:16)
- For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him. (Col 1:19)
- For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority. (Col 2:9)
Hmm, looks like fullness is found in a Person. So who is ‘Him’? His name is Jesus. He is also known as Emmanuel – meaning God with us. (see Mt 1: 21,23) Now this has huge ramifications! Watch it unfold throughout this blog.
Sadly some have said or say, ‘He’s just a man, a prophet, a good teacher, a kind soul.’ Boy, are they missing out! But God can show them because He put within all of us a longing for this fullness. Remember, ‘of this fullness we have all received’ – it’s there waiting to be discovered – found in Jesus, the Son of God.
- Fullness is actually found in a Person.
- Relationship with Jesus is the way to fullness.
- The Bible is a major key to discovering this fullness.